Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer of Reading

If you didn't know already, I absolutely love to read. If you were to come to my house at night, the first thing you could guess I would be doing is reading. I am obsessed! I prefer a good book over a movie or television show any day of the week. And when I have finished a book that I've fallen in love with, I tend to have a mourning session of realizing I am done with that book. The characters in a book become my friends. I see myself as part of their story. As if I have some sort of say in what happens to their lives. And I am notorious for finishing  book all too quickly. It's impossible for me to take time and savor a book. I want to know how it ends and I am too impatient to take a couple weeks to find out. Most books, if they are good, I end up reading within two days. And then completely regret it because I have finished a story and my friendship with the characters is over. Ridiculous? Yes, absolutely, but I just can't help it!

This summer I have 15 weeks off. That is, from when school ended to when school will begin once again. And as a side note, I will be attending West Chester University. Can't wait! Anyway, with my 15 weeks, I have decided to read 15 books. I spent a lot of time researching which ones I wanted to read, which was a very hard task because there are just so many good ones to choose from. However, after hours of reading and researching I compiled a list that I am quite pleased with. At the end of each book, I'll write a review of what I thought. I do apologize however, because I've already read 4 books and am behind in writing this. I'll do my best to catch you all up in the next week and hopefully be able to tell you all about the amazing book that I read for the week. Feel free to ask questions or add any comments to one of my books. Here's to the best summer ever!!!

1. The Hunger Games
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. Wuthering Heights
4. Life of Pi
5. The Summer We Read Gatsby
6. Love in a Time of Cholera
7. My Name is Mary Sutter
8. Dombey and Son
9. Captain Corelli's Mandolin
10. Great Expectations
11. Things Fall Apart
12. Antony and Cleopatra
13. Elizabeth Street
14. Vanity Fair
15. Gone with the Wind

0 comments:

Post a Comment